To preserve and maintain historic McDowell House, the attached apothecary shop and the surrounding grounds;
To seek, collect, conserve and exhibit that material culture which belongs to the Ephraim McDowell family and that which is appropriate to the House while the McDowells lived there from 1802-1830 and the Shop while McDowell practiced there from 1795-1820;
To study and interpret the life of Ephraim and Sarah McDowell and their children while they occupied the House;
To tell of McDowell’s work and of his contributions to modern medicine.
Revised by the Managers Committee
March 11, 1992